Re: Importing, updating, translating and building Lilypond snippets

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Importing, updating, translating and building Lilypond snippets
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 13:37:46 +0200

Le mardi 26 juin 2012 à 13:39 +0100, Phil Holmes a écrit :
> It doesn't seem to make sense to me
> for it to run as part of make doc as well, since make is a required
> pre-cursor of make doc.

This doesn't seem to be true; think e.g. of

make LILYPOND_EXTERNAL_BINARY=lilypond doc

which AFAICT is no longer documented but seems to be still supported in
the makefiles.

snippets make target should receive a treatment similar to Info docs,
i.e. it should be run twice, once when building Info docs without
images, and once when building full docs; note that we can save one run
of the script that will insert translated texidocs by forcing output to
be in
$(top-build-dir)/Documentation/snippets/out instead of
$(top-build-dir)/Documentation/snippets/$(outdir).

I have prepared a patch for all this issue at
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=317297fccf174c4f2927fbdc50ff766faa4bb767
but be warned that it's completely untested and thus not ready for
review, I pushed it to my branch just to fetch it from a faster computer
later for testing it.

Cheers,
John