Re: Importing, updating, translating and building Lilypond snippets

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Importing, updating, translating and building Lilypond snippets
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:14:29 +0200

Le jeudi 28 juin 2012 à 13:13 +0100, Graham Percival a écrit :
> Yes, but git is still needed so that the LSR guy only needs to
> look at changes to the "unsafe" files.  I think you already knew
> this, but I wanted to get this "on the record".

Sure, so the instructions related to this in makelsr and the CG will be
preserved.

> Could you identify the functionality that needs removing from
> makelsr.py ?  Other than "save files to $BUILD/.../ instead of
> Documentration/snippets/", it's not clear what needs to be cut.

IIUC the only feature that should be cut out from makelsr is translated
texidocs handling.

> I'd assume that "snippets" should be a dependency of "doc".  I
> don't think it should be a dependency of "make", since programmers
> won't want to recompile a bunch of snippets all the time.
> (testing is done via the regtests, not the doc build)

I can't remember whether Snippets is compiled for Info docs without
images, but my patch draft is meant to support it (it has no additional
cost).

Cheers,
John