Re: which-page (issue 6352049)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: which-page (issue 6352049)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:01:45 +0100

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:32:53AM +0200, Thomas Morley wrote:
> 2012/6/28  <address@hidden>:
> > A feature should be documented, or it will not be discoverable.
>
> Well, they should be documented, but I propose to open a new issue to do so.

That sounds sensible.  In the past we've said that new features do
not need to be documented in the same patch that adds it.

> > If feasible, a regtest should be added in input/regression.  Whether
> > this is possible for essentially multi-page features, I don't know, so
> > it is possible that this particular feature does not really lend itself
> > to a regtest.
>
> I found only one multi-page-file in the regression-tests containing a
> feature of titling-init.ly (i.e. `not-first-page'):
> input/regression/page-breaks.ly
> But I think this file tests something else.
> So I'd suggest to open a new issue for that, too.

Here I disagree slightly; it would be really good if new features
were covered by the regtests as soon as they were added, so that
we have a chance of noticing when they break.  It doesn't need to
be in a new regtest; adding it to an exising regtest is fine.