Re: Removes popen3 deprecated warning (issue 6471043)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Removes popen3 deprecated warning (issue 6471043)
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 19:34:34 +0100

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 05:23:17PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Holmes"
> <address@hidden>
> To: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
> Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>;
> >So we have fixed it.  You want I should find out when?
>
> Between 2.15.18 and 2.15.21

Given that 2.15.21 was released on 2011 Dec 6, why were we working
on issue 1933 on 2012 Jan 12 ?  was it just a misunderstanding
about which GUB versions had the problem?

I have the same feeling as I do for the LILYPOND_RELOCATE_PREFIX.
I'm not totally opposed to the patch going into master, but I
would not be at all surprised if it broke something.  I'd feel a
lot better if you made some binaries and got some user feedback
from people using them on windows (ideally with at least 3
different versions of windows).