Re: preliminary GLISS discussions

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: preliminary GLISS discussions
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 18:22:26 +0000 (UTC)

Janek Warchoł <janek.lilypond <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 5:41 PM, David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> wrote:
> > Graham Percival <graham <at> percival-music.ca> writes:
> >> So far I don't feel that the discussion has been very fruitful.
> >
> > And it will not be fruitful in the near future.  One reason is that I am
> > basically the only one seriously working on the parser right now, and I
> > am learning while I am working on it, both about the work flow for
> > getting Bison where you want it, and about the complications.  This is
> > work that is really hard to do, but it can't be done except, basically,
> > incrementally.
>
> For what it's worth, i'm ok with this discussion (and similar ones)
> happening on devel, as long as we won't loose track of concrete
> proposals (when they will appear, ofc.).

I posted a patch for the numbers-in-identifiers enhancement
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1670>

It might help a little as a concrete example, showing the challenges of
supporting LilyPond's very lenient syntax.

(I can't really tell for sure, but I think maybe David likes the patch.)