Re: Allow digits in identifiers (issue 6493072)

From: ArnoldTheresius
Subject: Re: Allow digits in identifiers (issue 6493072)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 23:35:57 -0700 (PDT)

It's an undocumented feature:
I'm using digits in lilypond since version 2.10.33, because I'm not using
the ASCII digits!
All superscript and subscript digits work, additionaly I use the superscript
and subscript variants of '+' and '-', and the double underscore.
This selection give me the most benefit, and they work without quoting.
Off course, only UTF-8 input.
Ubuntu offers most of them in the /international/ keyboard layouts.
On Windows I expanded the dead char tables of 'accent acute' and 'accent
grave' by using the MSKLC.

ASCII-Digits?
As you usually have to define them using quotes, it would be consequent if
you need quotes to recall them, e.g. \\"u_x-32" (because '\"' is allready
special).

ArnoldTheresius