Re: layout.cc: do not draw empty boxes (issue 6450113)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: layout.cc: do not draw empty boxes (issue 6450113)
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 01:08:01 +0000

On 2012/09/03 22:54:24, joeneeman wrote:
> On 2012/09/03 07:25:53, Keith wrote:
> > It is arguably valid to request a box running from right to left,
> > for which length() returns zero.

I argue that it is invalid. If you interpret a "right-to-left box"
as being non-empty, then the implementation of Box needs to be
rewritten, since functions such as add_point and widen don't act
as expected.

Surprisingly, only 'draw-thick-zero-fret tried to draw a box using an
Interval with negative length.  Since Intervals with negative length are
regarded as "empty" in LilyPond, we could refuse to draw them, but warn
if they are non-infinite, that is, something somebody might have wanted
to draw.

New patch up.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6450113/