Re: lilypond-devel Digest, Vol 118, Issue 55

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: lilypond-devel Digest, Vol 118, Issue 55
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 18:35:19 +0200

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> However, some members of lilypond-devel are actively hostile to
> novel crazy ideas.
> [...]
> Some people _did_ discuss it nicely, but others
> over-reacted and nuked the idea with prejudice.

I wouldn't call it that way.
I'd just say that some people on the lists like to discuss things in
an enthusiastic, crazy and spontaneous manner, while other people are
skeptical, always use rational arguments and tend to concentrate on
weak points of proposals.
Both ways of discussing things are acceptable - the problem is that
they don't mix together well.  What we surely have to do is to be
aware of this differences in approach.  Whether we'd be better off by
separating discussions or not, is another question.

best,
Janek