Re: Doc: document \time command fully (2807) (issue 6532055)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Doc: document \time command fully (2807) (issue 6532055)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:40:18 +0200

On Saturday, September 22, 2012, David wrote:
Nobody can be bothered enough to even comment.  Yet when it comes to
discussing things that will wreak havoc with the parser, everybody is
fired up and inspired to throw his own spanner into the works.

I am not saying that this is ill will.  It is just a consequence of
how we are organizing our work and information flow.  The problem is
that with regard to developer and user motivation, the consequences
are indistinguishable from ill will and/or disregard.

Users get "GLISS discussions" where they get the impression that
developers don't care one bit for them, developers get "reviews" where
they get the impression that users don't care one bit for them.

I know both impressions to be far from the truth.  But that's more by
deduction rather than a direct feeling.

I agree that we have a serious problem.  Hopefully, you've presented the first step to solve it: realize that this is not ill will, but rather unfortunate coincidences and poor wording of emails.

best,
Janek