Re: Adds tick mark to scripts (issue 6568055)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Adds tick mark to scripts (issue 6568055)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:41:07 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden> To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:11 AM

Hi,

thanks for including me in reviewers, Phil - i would probably miss it
otherwise.

The shape is ok.  Personally i would make the right arm a tad thicker
and a bit less curved, but that's only my opinion.

As for the bounding box, i definitely think that it should be moved,
both horizontally and vertically.

Horizontally, i would align the center of the bounding box to the "dip
point".  This would allow "visual centering" of the glyph on something.

Can do. This would imply that there's empty space on the left of the glyph. Is it OK to do this?

Vertically, i agree with Werner that the bounding box shouldn't be
bigger than the glyph - the distance between staff and the mark should
be achieved in some other way.

How would I move it up without adding empty space to the bottom of the box?

I would also place the vertical "center"
of the box level with "top dip point", ie the point labeled 2r in dvi
preview i see on my machine.

I don't understand this. I know where 2r is, but how can in be in the centre - it's way below the centre of the glyph.

Also, do you have some snippet demonstrating this glyph along with some
notes?  If so, please post it in the tracker.

Done.

Thanks,
Janek

http://codereview.appspot.com/6568055/