Re: Adds tick mark to scripts (issue 6568055)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Adds tick mark to scripts (issue 6568055)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 14:02:07 +0200

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Horizontally, i would align the center of the bounding box to the "dip
>> point".  This would allow "visual centering" of the glyph on something.
>
> Can do.  This would imply that there's empty space on the left of the glyph.
> Is it OK to do this?

No, i mean something else.  Take a look at the attachment - this is
how this glyph's bounding box should look like in my opinion.
You may want to take a look at bounding boxes "Arrowed Natural (arrow
up)", "flat (slashed)",  "Thumb" (i can see the bounding boxes when i
convert the gf file to dvi and view it using xdvi.  (i can send you a
script doing this, if you want)).

>> Vertically, i agree with Werner that the bounding box shouldn't be
>> bigger than the glyph - the distance between staff and the mark should
>> be achieved in some other way.
>
> How would I move it up without adding empty space to the bottom of the box?

I suppose that the command that would change BreathingSign's stencil
to this glyph would also change its padding.

>> I would also place the vertical "center"
>> of the box level with "top dip point", ie the point labeled 2r in dvi
>> preview i see on my machine.
>
> I don't understand this.  I know where 2r is, but how can in be in the
> centre - it's way below the centre of the glyph.

See above, i hope my explanation and example is clear.

>> Also, do you have some snippet demonstrating this glyph along with some
>> notes?  If so, please post it in the tracker.
>
> Done.

thanks.
Janek