Re: Provide \hide and \no functions for transparent and void glyphs (iss

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Provide \hide and \no functions for transparent and void glyphs (issue 6575048)
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 11:01:52 +0000

Still looks good.

\omit is better than \no because 'omit' is a verb like we use in
parallel constructions \override, etc.  A verb is appropriate because
your function does perform an action: the \f is conceptually part of the
music but your function omits it from the printed score.

No is used in several senses in English.  Here it serves as an article
(like German "kein") but it also an adverb ("nein").  I do not think
Latin languages have a single-word negative article.

{ c\f \no DynamicText c\f\> d\p }

for a moment I read "this might look like Dynamic text but it is not".
What the function does, though, is order LilyPond to henceforth omit
DynamicTexts from the score.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6575048/