Re: Allow \shape to tweak music, swap its arguments (issue 6585052)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Allow \shape to tweak music, swap its arguments (issue 6585052)
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 13:57:26 +0000

On 2012/10/02 23:39:05, david.nalesnik wrote:
LGTM

[...]

I wonder if it would be helpful to alter one or two of the following
applications of the function as override to the tweak form.

[...]

What about adding a demonstration here of the ability to modify curves
beginning
at the same timestep?  So possibly insert here something like the
following
(paired with the alteration I've added below):

To those suggestions let me answer with the famous answer to the
question "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of Western civilization?", namely
with "I would consider it a good idea."

Had Gandhi been a programmer, his answer might have been "Patches
welcome."  The long and the short answer is that I would not know where
to start.  I have not actually considered the documentation, and I don't
even know whether doing so would not interfere with issue 2858
<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2858> which is
currently on hold due to this pending issue.  So the best I think I can
do at the moment is to crosslink your suggestion to issue 2858 (which is
about documenting \shape) and see how and when and where Trevor thinks
it should be incorporated.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6585052/