Re: Allow \shape to tweak music, swap its arguments (issue 6585052)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Allow \shape to tweak music, swap its arguments (issue 6585052)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 18:38:15 +0200

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:46 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2012/10/03 05:04:11, janek wrote:
>>
>> i've skimmed over the discussion in
>> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2858
>> and i'm confused. Do we want to change
>> \shape GrobName #'offsets
>> into
>> \shape #'offsets GrobName
>> or
>> \shape #'offsets
>> (used as a tweak, with GrobName being guessed)?
>
> Yes.

uh, i ususally find that it's a bad idea to answer "yes" to a question
that goes like "do we want X or Y?"
:)

> It is quite valuable to be able to use this function as a tweak

...but from this sentence i deduce that we're trying to do the second
thing, i.e. \shape will have one #'offsets argument and no argument
specifying grob name, which will be deduced from the music that
follows the command.  Right?

In that case, LGTM.

cheers,
Janek