Re: svg output

From: James
Subject: Re: svg output
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:09:36 +0100

Hello,

On 23 October 2012 10:05, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2012/10/23 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> Texinfo does not support SVG as far as I know.  And neither do typical
>> info readers like Emacs if I remember correctly.
>
> This page seems to confirm your statement:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/Image-Syntax.html#Image-Syntax
>
> But then what about this?
>
> "BTW, as for the HTML, if you want to use your .svg's, add one more optional
> argument:
> @image{foo,,,,.svg}"

Do all browsers accept output in SVG what about PDF readers?

I'm rather sceptical about SVG output only that we do get occasionally
gripes about LilyPond SVG output and Inkscape (for example), implying
that our SVG backend (or whatever it is) is not 100% perfect, at least
PNGs are 'just' images.

James