Re: prevent collision of ligatures and next note (issue 6740046)

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: prevent collision of ligatures and next note (issue 6740046)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:18:12 +0000

(as you may know, i dedicate all my code reviews to Graham the
Magnificent :D)

Pal, could you add some comments and a more descriptive commit message?
I see the code, and it seems to make sense, but i don't understand the
"why's".  For example, why the parameters should be passed in a
different way?

I also think that it'd be a good idea to add a regtest, even if it's
imperfect (just write a comment inside it, so that everyone
envestigating it will be warned that some unexpected results may occur).

cheers,
Janek

http://codereview.appspot.com/6740046/diff/1/lily/mensural-ligature-engraver.cc
File lily/mensural-ligature-engraver.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6740046/diff/1/lily/mensural-ligature-engraver.cc#newcode428
lily/mensural-ligature-engraver.cc:428: if (size_t const dot_count =
Rhythmic_head::dot_count (current))
Is this related to the ligature collision problem or just a by-the-way
fix?

http://codereview.appspot.com/6740046/