Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 15:33:29 +0000

On 2012/11/11 15:26:48, mike7 wrote:

To be clear, I have no problem implementing a LilyPond documentation
and
commenting policy to move towards the establishment of an API.  This
sounds like
a worthwhile yet difficult task.  I would start talking about this
separately
from any one patch.

Mike, you document _nothing_, _ever_.  And whenever one asks you to put
even the slightest amount of documentation to any patch of yours, you
reply "this would be a separate issue".

You are pretty much the only person who _deletes_ more comment lines
than he ever writes.

I don't care about what "policy" we want to have for comments, but you
_need_ to document the _purpose_ and the _working_ of your code, or
nobody will ever be able to figure out how it works.

You have no problem tripling the complexity of code without writing a
single comment, and your excuse always is "it was badly documented
before, so lets document it even worse".

And no, answering a question in review is not the same as documenting
code.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/