Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 04:38:07 +0000

{\clef bass
 <g^3 a^5>2..->
 << r16 \\ r \\ r  \\ r \\ >> eeses'16
 \set fingeringOrientations = #'(right)
  <c e>8-1-4 <c^1 e^4> <g,-3 b,-4> r
  r2 }

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/1/input/regression/dynamics-avoid-cross-staff-stem.ly
File input/regression/dynamics-avoid-cross-staff-stem.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/1/input/regression/dynamics-avoid-cross-staff-stem.ly#newcode14
input/regression/dynamics-avoid-cross-staff-stem.ly:14: a8 \p [ \change
Staff = "PnRH" \stemDown gis'8 \fff ]
Before your patch, the dynamics below the staff clear each other; after
your patch, they collide.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/1/lily/axis-group-interface.cc
File lily/axis-group-interface.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/1/lily/axis-group-interface.cc#newcode403
lily/axis-group-interface.cc:403: Axis_group_interface::cross_staff (SCM
smob)
For what situation?   Which object that supports axis-group-interface
(PianoPedalSpanner, DynamicLineSpanner) should be potentially considered
a cross-staff object?

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/1/lily/box-quarantine.cc
File lily/box-quarantine.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/1/lily/box-quarantine.cc#newcode70
lily/box-quarantine.cc:70: return abs (ii0.index_ - mid) < abs
(ii1.index_ - mid);
gcc 4.5.1 complains that he cannot determine which version of the
overloaded abs() should be called.  (Polymorphism is l33t, isn't it.)  I
just removed the abs() calls to get it to compile, because index_ is an
unsigned type so the arguments are always positive anyway.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/1/lily/script-engraver.cc
File lily/script-engraver.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/1/lily/script-engraver.cc#newcode270
lily/script-engraver.cc:270: // we never want scripts to be tucked down
next to stems
This disagrees with
input/regression/finger-chords.ly

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/1/lily/stencil-integral.cc
File lily/stencil-integral.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/1/lily/stencil-integral.cc#newcode988
lily/stencil-integral.cc:988: pure = Rest::has_interface (me) ? true :
pure;
Worse than losing ledgers, the 'pure' extent is in the wrong position
for those rests that might have been moved.

At this point in determining the layout, shouldn't you ensure that the
rests are positioned, by testing 'positioning-done, before figuring
their skylines for use in note-spacing ?

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/1/scm/define-grob-properties.scm
File scm/define-grob-properties.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/1/scm/define-grob-properties.scm#newcode668
scm/define-grob-properties.scm:668: (other-axis-padding ,number? "The
amount to pad the axis
traditionally called horizon-padding, which I suppose makes sense in the
metaphor of a city skyline, as this padding is in the direction of the
horizon.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/