Re: markup-commands rest-by-number and rest (issue 6850073)

From: benko . pal
Subject: Re: markup-commands rest-by-number and rest (issue 6850073)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:09:58 +0000

So I'd suggest not treating the '-' at all (to make things not more
confusing than they already are) and letting the font backend sort
things out.

I concur.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6850073/diff/6004/scm/define-markup-commands.scm
File scm/define-markup-commands.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6850073/diff/6004/scm/define-markup-commands.scm#newcode3251
scm/define-markup-commands.scm:3251: (or multi-measure-rest (< log 1)))
there are no Petrucci rest glyphs at all; use mensural without any
further condition.  or don't even allow petrucci as style for these
markups.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6850073/diff/6004/scm/define-markup-commands.scm#newcode3299
scm/define-markup-commands.scm:3299: ;; If there is a ledger, move the
dots in X-direction to avoid collision.
is this comment true?  I can't see how the condition below checks for
ledger.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6850073/diff/6004/scm/define-markup-commands.scm#newcode3305
scm/define-markup-commands.scm:3305: (and (= log 1) (equal? style
'petrucci))))
this check looks fishy, as there are no Petrucci-style rest glyphs.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6850073/