Re: Reformat some files to let emacs do its work correctly. (issue 98630

From: marc
Subject: Re: Reformat some files to let emacs do its work correctly. (issue 9863047)
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 06:04:29 +0000

On 2013/06/06 09:57:05, dak wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/9863047/diff/1/scm/define-context-properties.scm
File scm/define-context-properties.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/9863047/diff/1/scm/define-context-properties.scm#newcode325
scm/define-context-properties.scm:325: (glissandoMap ,list? "A map in
the form
of
On 2013/06/06 09:44:49, dak wrote:
> _Every_ change in this file is _inside_ of strings, not exactly
increasing
their
> usefulness as documentation strings.

Ok, apparently I mixed up the purpose of this patch (which exactly was
_not_ an
automated patch but rather reformatted the strings in order to keep
them from
having a bad effect on the formatter).  Sorry for that.

Never mind.

  Still, the automated
commit following after this patch still reformats inside of strings,
so the
preparation this patch was supposed to be doing would appear to have
been
incomplete.

I underestimated the time needed for this patch; I think I spent three
hours in front of my computer editing files, applying fixscm, looking
for
places where it goes havoc, reverting the changes, editing again etc.
etc.
The patch is rather big (in fact too big to be handled by patchy), so
having overlooked three instances seems not to be that bad, isn't it?

;-)

I think I'll draw a patch that corrects the minor faults; ideally,
running
fixscm again should lead in no changes at all.

https://codereview.appspot.com/9863047/