Re: Tie Crusade

From: Frédéric Bron
Subject: Re: Tie Crusade
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:20:55 +0200

> Could you take a look at readme.txt in Dropbox folder and confirm that
> it explains the
> issue?

Yes, I started from there.

I also read the proposed ideas in "notes about solution.txt" but I
admit that it is difficult to understand for a novice to the lilypond
C++ code. However, thanks for having written all this, I am sure it
will become clearer later.
It might be useful to add an introduction to the the concepts (what is
a standalone tie? layout process in lilypond?) . In particular, the
files that should be looked at at the beginning. Files containing tie
in their name are quite numerous:
repeat-tie-engraver.cc
semi-tie.cc
semi-tie-column.cc
tab-tie-follow-engraver.cc
tie.cc
tie-column.cc
tie-configuration.cc
tie-details.cc
tie-engraver.cc
tie-formatting-problem.cc
tie-performer.cc
tie-specification.cc

Is there also a general presentation of the calculation system which
says how penalties work? It sounds like in latex...

However, I will start with the user manual on ties because I have
never changed the defaults up to now...

Thanks,

Frédéric