Re: improving our workflow with better tools - let's test things.

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: improving our workflow with better tools - let's test things.
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 05:04:00 +0200

On 21/10/13 04:00, Carl Sorensen wrote:
I have to say that I much prefer the Lilypond method for handling tasks
and reviews to the Gitlab method.

Can you describe in more detail what it is that you like about how Lilypond does things, and how that is missing (or inferior) in GitLab?

However, it is much easier to submit a
merge request on gitlab than to submit a patch on Rietveld.

Yes, that's the principal reason to want to pursue something like this. The goal is a situation where the handling of merge requests is as easy as possible, and all other necessary parts of code review (like testing) are automated behind the scenes, so contributors and patch reviewers just have to worry about their results.

This latter part will most likely involve hooking some auto-testing tool into GitLab via its public API.