Re: improving our workflow with better tools - let's test things.

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: improving our workflow with better tools - let's test things.
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 02:00:20 +0000

On 10/20/13 11:39 AM, "Joseph Rushton Wakeling"
<address@hidden> wrote:

>I submitted a trial merge request just so we could all explore the
>experience of
>reviewing a proposed change to the library.  It's as near the GitHub
>experience
>as makes almost no difference (although there are a couple of tiny ways
>in which
>it seems to be different -- the most obvious is that there's no preview
>functionality for comments, which is cosmetic but still annoying).

I've been using gitlab.com for a separate project for about two weeks now,
after reading about it on the lilypond lists.

I have to say that I much prefer the Lilypond method for handling tasks
and reviews to the Gitlab method.  However, it is much easier to submit a
merge request on gitlab than to submit a patch on Rietveld.

Thanks,

Calr