Re: 2.18 release plans (again).

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: 2.18 release plans (again).
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 18:53:46 +0200

Le 22/10/2013 20:06, David Kastrup disait :

Ok, after looking at the current situation and the current patches in
review/countdown, I've decided that I'll fork off the stable release
branch 2.18 after the current batch in countdown is in master.  After
that point of time, I'll only cherry-pick patches into the stable branch
after having convinces myself that they are no trouble.

What does this imply for other branches?

a) master branch

The master branch should not receive merge nuisances.  […]
Documentation changes should restrict themselves to corrections, and
those should be done _fast_ so that translators have a chance to catch
up.

OK with me

b) translation branch

The translation branch will stop getting merged with master.  Some
documentation changes from master might get cherry-picked into
translation (I will do that myself), and translation will get merged
into the stable branch periodically, also by myself.

Since nothing has changed on "translation" since Monday (too many other things to deal with), I just merged _locally_ "master" into it. Would you mind me pushing this before setting the freeze?

Cheers,
Jean-Charles