Re: 2.18 release notes

From: James
Subject: Re: 2.18 release notes
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 10:22:51 +0000

On 10 November 2013 10:09, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
2013/11/10 Pavel Roskin <address@hidden>:
> NullVoice is a voice that is not shown but that can accept lyrics.  I really
> like that I can reuse an existing melodic line for the lyrics and it won't
> conflict with any visible voice.
>
> The documentation shows examples with \partcombine, but both of them use a
> separate aligner variable, which may be good for advanced stuff, but doesn't
> show how simple things become in the common case.
>
> I suggest something like this:
>
> A new context called NullVoice has been added.  It doesn't appear in the
> printed output, but it can be used to align lyrics.  It can be used with the
> partcombine function.
> [...]

+1

I'll make a patch.

I'm not sure how the process will work (from my own point of view anyway) as Patchy only tests against master and we've split of 2.18, so I'll do the make and make check/doc manually if that is OK?

Assuming it is all OK, and goes through the countdown, do I just 'git push HEAD:stable/2.18'?

Anyway, I'll get a patch done first.

James