Re: 2.18 release notes

From: James
Subject: Re: 2.18 release notes
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 12:45:19 +0000

David,

On 10 November 2013 10:29, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
James <address@hidden> writes:

> I'll make a patch.
>
> I'm not sure how the process will work (from my own point of view anyway)
> as Patchy only tests against master and we've split of 2.18, so I'll do the
> make and make check/doc manually if that is OK?
>
> Assuming it is all OK, and goes through the countdown, do I just 'git push
> HEAD:stable/2.18'?

No, stable/2.18 is my turf.  You just go through the standard process in
relation to master.  If you don't want to actually push to master, you
can send me a git format-patch version against master (or stable/2.18 if
you want to rebase there yourself) and I'll take it from there.

If that's too complex, just stay relative to master and push to staging.
Once it went through cleanly, I'll cherry-pick from master into
stable/2.18 (fixing the merge conflict) and revert in staging
afterwards.

2.18-only changes are a bit of a nuisance to deal with, but fortunately
there are not all that many of them.

Here's the patch. I ran make and make doc against stable/2.18 and had no complaints

If you want a tracker/rietveld let me know I can do all that as well.

James