Re: Issue 3720: Built-in templates for SATB vocal scores (issue 41990043

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Re: Issue 3720: Built-in templates for SATB vocal scores (issue 41990043)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 12:41:16 -0500

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 4:51 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2013/12/14 23:17:55, Keith wrote:
>>
>> On 2013/12/14 22:32:06, Devon Schudy wrote:
>> > This interface is unlike any other in Lilypond,
>

>> This was intended not as an interface to a built-in bulletproof
>
> engine, but
>>
>> rather a template that users can adopt and change.
>

> Exactly, although the flexibility greatly reduces the
> need to 'adopt and change'.
>

>> Maybe calling it a 'built-in' template, and its attempt to be as
>
> general as
>>
>> feasible, invites misunderstanding of its intended use.
>

> Maybe.  It's 'built-in' as there is no need to copy
> and edit the templates, but perhaps a better word to
> distinguish these templates from the previous ones
> could be found.  Suggestions welcome.
>
> Trevor

First question I anticipate from users on this, if we are making a
canonical SATB score template in this way: How do I get the altos and
sopranos on the same staff, and the tenors and basses on the same
staff? For instance, this template doesn't help me at all, since I use
the two staves instead of four. I could be wrong, and realize that
many use separate staves, but there are also many who don't.

Cheers,
Carl P.

https://codereview.appspot.com/41990043/