Re: Issue 3720: Built-in templates for SATB vocal scores (issue 41990043

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Issue 3720: Built-in templates for SATB vocal scores (issue 41990043)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 19:40:50 +0000

On 2013/12/15 17:41:17, Carl P. wrote:

First question I anticipate from users on this, if we are making a
canonical SATB score template in this way: How do I get the altos and
sopranos on the same staff, and the tenors and basses on the same
staff? For instance, this template doesn't help me at all, since I use
the two staves instead of four. I could be wrong, and realize that
many use separate staves, but there are also many who don't.

Good point.  The SA-TB template pair puts SA on one
staff and TB on another, but in this revision it has
only verses between.  There is no reason why it should
not also have soprano lyrics above, bass lyrics below
and alto and tenor lyrics in-between, with each aligning
to their respective voices.  I'll do that in the next
revision.  I think then all the major SATB layouts will
be incorporated in just two template pairs.

Trevor

https://codereview.appspot.com/41990043/