Re: Issue 3720: Built-in templates for SATB vocal scores (issue 41990043

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Issue 3720: Built-in templates for SATB vocal scores (issue 41990043)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 23:01:06 +0000

On 2013/12/15 20:06:56, Devon Schudy wrote:

I'd rather support the same thing through music functions:

\score {
   <<
     \satbTwoStaves << \soprano \alto \VerseOne \VerseTwo \tenor \bass

     \pianoStaff << \rh \pianoDynamics \lh >>

}

...where \satbTwoStaves creates a ChoirStaff and staves and assigns
the music-expressions to them appropriately (keeping lyrics separate),
and \pianoStaff makes a PianoStaff etc. (Piano scores are another very
common thing that's a bit complicated for beginners, so it may be
worth having a convenience for them.)

I don't think I'd convince my sceptical pianist friend that
LilyPond is easy to use by saying that's how a vocal score is
produced.  The point of this patch is to make LilyPond more
approachable by facilitating the production of quite complex
vocal scores by typing _just_ the music, which _is_ quite easy
to explain, comprehend and do.

Trevor

https://codereview.appspot.com/41990043/