Re: Web: Download: Add introductory text (issue 40510046)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Web: Download: Add introductory text (issue 40510046)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 11:31:56 +0800

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 11:29:44AM +0800, Graham Percival wrote:
> > Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:
> > > I don't want to imagine what happens if I propose my rewrite of the
> > > Features page (http://www.openlilylib.org/lilyweb/features.html).
>
> A rewrite of a single page has less impact than changing the
> intended flow of a new reader through the website.  My only
> problem with your proposed Features page is that it changes the
> flow (i.e. the "where now?" box at the bottom).  If you changed it
> back to the original "where now?" box, I'd have no problem with
> that new Features page.

Oops, there is one problem with that new Features page.  You
wrote:
  Read more on the _Community_ pages.
with the link on _Community_.  This is not encouraged with
texinfo, because that _Community_ link will be hard to read in the
pdf version.  Instead, please reword the sentence so that the link
is at the end of the sentence (as you've done everywhere else on
that page).