Re: note-spacing: stretch somewhat uniformly; issue 3304 (issue 36830045

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: note-spacing: stretch somewhat uniformly; issue 3304 (issue 36830045)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:28:20 +0200

On Dec 16, 2013, at 10:24 AM, address@hidden wrote:

Reviewers: MikeSol,

Message:
On 2013/12/16 07:42:52, MikeSol wrote:

If you understand this stuff, could you put a comment in
lily/include/spring.hh
as to what inverse_compress_strength and inverse_stretch_strength are?

They are the stretchability and compressibility of the space.
Next time I have linux up I'll put a comment, or just change the names.

Ok - try to explain the relation between things (min distance, ideal distance, and these two constants).

You should try the patch on your music.  You probably have a lot of
staggered timing in the style of 3-against-2 hemiola, which should be
aligned more evenly with the patch.

I’d say Trevor Bača is an even better candidate (cc’d to this e-mail) - he has π on e hemiolas in his music.

Cheers,
MS