Re: Web: Download: Add introductory text (issue 40510046)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Web: Download: Add introductory text (issue 40510046)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 12:20:24 +0100

Am 16.12.2013 07:53, schrieb David Kastrup:
Paul Morris <address@hidden> writes:

Here's how I would reword the warning to make it as concrete and simple as
possible:

Note: With LilyPond you write and edit music by typing text with your
keyboard, not by dragging notes around with a mouse.

It's not just simple, but wrong.  The point is exactly that you _don't_
do this with LilyPond, but that you need a different application for
that.

Before downloading, please read about LilyPond's Text input.

Still won't prepare me that LilyPond has no means to write and edit
music.

As compared with the current:

Note: LilyPond is a text-based music engraver; it is more similar to a
programming language than a graphical score editing program. Before
downloading LilyPond, please read about our Text input.

Which is not helping much.  It prepares me for an IDE like Visual C++
or, uh, Frescobaldi.

Not for a command line application.

Based on my patch:
"LilyPond is a **command line application** and does not constitute a working environment. Apart from LilyPond itself you'll need a suitable editor. ..."

?

Urs