Re: line-breaking bug in 2.19

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: line-breaking bug in 2.19
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 23:49:31 +0100

> [...]
> I think that the mechanism of this bug is that Lily thinks that there
> is lot of extra-stretchable space at the beginning of 2nd measure, and
> so a break is inserted after 1st measure - but with the break, the
> space at the beginning of m.2 somehow changes stretchability and is
> not stretched.
>
> Actually, the difference in stretchability of the
> barline-to-first-note space indeed depends on the presence of time sig
> and clef - see:
>
> % now there will be ugly space in both 1st and 2nd measure:
> \new Staff \with {
>   \remove Time_signature_engraver \remove Clef_engraver
> } \relative c' {
>   \override Score.SpacingSpanner.shortest-duration-space = #1.66666666666666
>   \repeat unfold 32 f16
>   \break
>   f1 f f f
> }
>
> i'll try to investigate more.

It seems that after merging
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3868 the problems
will be solved.  Thanks a lot, Keith!
(and i'm sorry that i wasn't of more help :-( )
BTW i've scheduled a post about this change on the lilypond blog - it
will be published tomorrow evening.

all the best,
Janek