Part combiner: separate split state and voice names

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Part combiner: separate split state and voice names
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 22:53:28 -0500

To those familiar with the part combiner:

I would like to break the rigid link between the split states (apart,
unisilence, etc.) and the names of the voices into which the
Part_combine_iterator routes events.  I would like the Scheme portion of the
part combiner to dictate the names of the voices to use at every moment.  This
probably needs to be an addition to the split state name, not a replacement of
it, but I’m not sure of that.  I expect the Part_combine_iterator to become
much simpler.

I hope that the ability to route events in new ways without having to name each
combination will simplify fixing some bugs and adding features.

If you would encourage or discourage me from this, please speak up.  I expect
to experiment with it as I find time.

Regards,
—
Dan