Re: Part combiner: separate split state and voice names

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Part combiner: separate split state and voice names
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 21:09:34 -0500

On Nov 29, 2014, at 18:48 , Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:

> Oh, so you meant let the Scheme portion dictate to partcombine_iterator which
> _input_ voice, as it iterates the music expression produced by \partcombine,
> to use.

My reasoning probably needs more clarification.  The iterator takes sequences
of events and routes them into voices.  So, I thought that where now the Scheme
portion produces simply ‘unisilence, it might produce something like (’silence
“shared” #f) to tell the iterator that both parts are silent, the first part
should be placed into the voice named “shared”, and the second part should be
dropped.  That’s what I meant by telling the iterator which output voice to use.

Telling the iterator which input to use would be something like defining new
states ‘unisilence1 and ‘unisilence2.
—
Dan