Re: Updated patch for issue 155 (issue 230860044 by address@hidden)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Updated patch for issue 155 (issue 230860044 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 19:32:29 +0000

LGTM.

The main difference is the change in handling pure functions.

I can't see any difference here relative to Joe's patch, but it looks
fine.

https://codereview.appspot.com/230860044/diff/20001/scm/define-grob-properties.scm
File scm/define-grob-properties.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/230860044/diff/20001/scm/define-grob-properties.scm#newcode777
scm/define-grob-properties.scm:777: (parenthesis-friends ,list? "A lisy
of symbols.  Any parenthesis
"A list of Grob types, as symbols.  When parentheses enclose a Grob that
has 'parenthesis-friends, the parentheses widen to include any child
Grobs with type among 'parethesis-friends."

https://codereview.appspot.com/230860044/diff/20001/scm/define-grob-properties.scm#newcode779
scm/define-grob-properties.scm:779: these symbols on the parent grob.")
I think 'this grob' and 'parent grob' are the same, but I was confused,
so I tried to rewrite what I hope is simpler and correct.

https://codereview.appspot.com/230860044/diff/20001/scm/output-lib.scm
File scm/output-lib.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/230860044/diff/20001/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode908
scm/output-lib.scm:908: (define-public (parentheses-item::pure-y-extent
grob start end)
I do not see why this function is necessary, but it looks correct.

There is a distinction between pure-y-extent and y-extent for objects
whose vertical position or height might change depending on where the
line-breaks fall.

Maybe it was formerly necessary for the accidental on the second note of
a tie, which might disappear, but we let those accidentals have a simple
height now.

The only need I could see for pure-y-extent here, would be to estimate
horizontal space for the parentheses around an accent outside a slur or
beam.

https://codereview.appspot.com/230860044/