Re: Updated patch for issue 155 (issue 230860044 by address@hidden)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Updated patch for issue 155 (issue 230860044 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 04:04:32 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/230860044/diff/20001/input/regression/parenthesize-notes-accidentals.ly
File input/regression/parenthesize-notes-accidentals.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/230860044/diff/20001/input/regression/parenthesize-notes-accidentals.ly#newcode10
input/regression/parenthesize-notes-accidentals.ly:10: <\parenthesize
ais'>4. <\parenthesize bes'>
These parentheses overlap, which seems to be an accepted behavior of the
parentheses, but it will make us look twice every time we check the
regression tests.  Maybe just boost the bes' up a bit.
And you could just modify 'parenthesize.ly' to have an accidental and a
dot, so there is one fewer test to check.

https://codereview.appspot.com/230860044/diff/20001/scm/define-grobs.scm
File scm/define-grobs.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/230860044/diff/20001/scm/define-grobs.scm#newcode1736
scm/define-grobs.scm:1736: (X-extent . (0 . 0))
It looks like parentheses don't get horizontal space, so there seems to
be no need for a pure-height.

https://codereview.appspot.com/230860044/diff/20001/scm/output-lib.scm
File scm/output-lib.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/230860044/diff/20001/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode908
scm/output-lib.scm:908: (define-public (parentheses-item::pure-y-extent
grob start end)
On 2015/04/21 18:46:38, Carl wrote:
On 2015/04/19 19:32:29, Keith wrote:

> The only need I could see for pure-y-extent here, would be to
estimate
> horizontal space for the parentheses around an accent outside a slur
or beam.

So is it best to remove the code, since we don't have a regtest that
exercises
it?

I agree, we should not add an unused function.

https://codereview.appspot.com/230860044/