Re: absolute pitch entry: accept an offset octave (issue 235010043 by ad

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: absolute pitch entry: accept an offset octave (issue 235010043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 14:31:00 -0400

> On May 20, 2015, at 12:35 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> (3. A mostly-trivial poetic bonus: regular and relative are easy to
>> remember as a pair because the alliteration of them both starting
>> with “re".)
>
> Bonus?  Only native English speakers think along such lines, I
> reckon :-)
>
> I strongly vote against \regular in this context.  It's far too easy
> to confuse it with \relative.

:-)  Fair enough, at least it did occur to me that this cuts both ways and
could be seen as a negative.

If not “regular” then maybe there's something else along the lines of "the
default entry mode” as with plain {…}.  \default is already taken…  I guess
there's \standard but I don’t suppose it would fare any better than \regular.

Anyway, we already have some good options on the table.  I guess you can’t
fault us for not considering all the possibilities, and at least there’s
agreement that this is a useful feature.

-Paul