Re: Implement partial function calls. (issue 249670043 by address@hidden

From: dak
Subject: Re: Implement partial function calls. (issue 249670043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 11:17:37 +0000

On 2015/07/10 10:50:55, mark_opus11.net wrote:
On 2015/07/10 10:34:24, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> If I understand this correctly it permits a variable definition to
be used in
> some circumstances where a music function definition would
previously have
been
> required to achieve the same effect.  That seems a worthwhile
improvement and
> simplification.

Will this also work with \markup? e.g.:

redBold = \markup \with-color #red \bold \incomplete

\redBold "text"

A nice illustration of my "can of worms" theory.

It would be quite straightforward to make this work for the case where
there is only a final markup missing since the grammar already
special-cases this kind of markup chain.

But that would be a different issue, unrelated apart from employing the
same reserved word.  Markup commands are quite different from music
functions.

https://codereview.appspot.com/249670043/