Re: Implement partial function calls. (issue 249670043 by address@hidden

From: dak
Subject: Re: Implement partial function calls. (issue 249670043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 05:11:07 +0000

On 2015/07/11 02:24:58, Dan Eble wrote:
I appreciate your comment about this opening a can of worms, but I do
like the
simplification.

Now I'll open a can of my own: instead of \incomplete, how about \etc?

That's at least not overly likely to be used previously.  Other
possibilities may be symbols like ; or so.  ... is out since it is in
active use as part of durations.  I thought of using \{ ... \} which has
the advantage of delimiting to the left as well, allowing

omit = \with-doc-string "This does xxx" \{ \tweak stencil #f \}

However, this does not seem overly important, one can do

omit = \tweak \stencil #f \etc
omit = \with-doc-string "This does xxx" #omit

Does not look as pretty, but which end user is going to set a doc string
on his functions?

And \{ ... \} seem nice to leave open for used-defined articulations.

https://codereview.appspot.com/249670043/