Re: My finances for working on LilyPond

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: My finances for working on LilyPond
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 06:48:43 +0200

Hello folks,

I’m only an amateur musician, but I really appreciate Lilypond’s availability.
I haven’t been creating scores any other way  since I first encountered it at
the time of version 2.12.

Current example : Bach’s Magnificat, in which I partly double the cello with
the bassoon, has many alterations changes. I’m using « \accidentalStyle
Score.teaching »  to have all of them made explicit, which greatly helps the
bad reader I am.
For the same, I transposed a flûte part one half-tone to help the player (she’s
young and still a music school pupil) getting a better, more plain sound using
another flute.

I feel guilty for not having contributed yet, since I’m much indebted to the
people who make Lilypond alive and evolving, including those who provide help
on this list.
I’ve been a C++ developper in a former life, and I have an idea of the kind of
arduous work David Kastrup performs with such a big piece of software.
And LP doesn’t benefit from support by big computer science companies, as some
other open software products do.

So, David, please send me your IBAN privately, and I’ll fix this problem on my
side.

Thanks everybody for your help, and a nice day!

JM