Retrieve (remaining) duration of beam (in C++)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Retrieve (remaining) duration of beam (in C++)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 17:49:45 +0100

Hi,

I just looked again at my attempts to get beam subdivision on the right
track. Unfortunately I need some help understanding
Beaming_pattern::beamify in beaming-pattern.cc.

If I'm not mistaken the calculation of the beam count iterates over the
infos_ struct, whose members contain information about the stems under
the beam.

At a certain point in the calculation I need to determine the remaining
duration of the beam. That is: when the beam spans 1/4, and I'm on the
third 32th, there are 5/32 left.

I have
    infos_[i].start_moment_
to determine the moment of the *current* beam, and if I had the
moment/length of the whole beam I could get what I need by subtracting
the current position from that. Unfortunately I only managed to get to
    infos_[infos_.size () - 1].start_moment_
which brings me *close* but only to the second to last moment of interest.

If I could either retrieve the start_moment of the note *after* the
current beam *or* the duration of the last item in infos_ I could
calculate the value I need (I think). Or maybe there's a different
solution altogether?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Urs