Re: starting to contribute (GSoC)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: starting to contribute (GSoC)
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 19:56:25 +0000

On 3/1/16 9:07 PM, "address@hidden on
behalf of Nathan Chou" <address@hidden
on behalf of address@hidden> wrote:

>I've downloaded LilyDev and successfully compiled the current master, and
>was looking through the issue tracker for a simple task to help me
>understand the codebase. However I'm not sure what tasks are an
>appropriate
>difficulty for me. How should I get started?

Nathan,

Welcome to LilyPond!

There are some issues that have been identified as easy.  You can locate
them by searching for "Frog" on the issues list:

https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/search/?q=frog

I think #3947 should be easy to get started on.  Probably 3310 also.

1749 may be a bit harder.

1462 is a possibility as well.

1357 looks promising.

864 would give you a good workout on figuring out how lilypond processing
works.

I think that in recent times we have stopped labeling issues as "Frog"
issues that would likely be good for new contributors.

But you should be able to choose one of the above.

Hope this helps!

Carl