Re: starting to contribute (GSoC)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: starting to contribute (GSoC)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 04:48:48 +0000

On 3/6/16 9:33 PM, "address@hidden on
behalf of Nathan Chou" <address@hidden
on behalf of address@hidden> wrote:

>Thank you for your suggestions!
>
>I started looking at issue 3947. I found that adjusting baseline-skip can
>be added to commands like \small in define-markup-commands.scm. But I'm
>not
>sure where to look to adjust baseline-skip whenever font-size is
>overridden
>not via one of those commands.

You don't need to adjust baseline-skip when font-size is overridden by an
\override or \tweak.  When the user chooses to do an \override or \tweak
they are responsible for all of the settings.

So it seems like you should be ready to prepare a patch and post it for
review.  Please do so!

The Frog issues are intended to be easy issues like 3947, so they
shouldn't take a lot of time.

>Also regarding GSoC, currently allowing spanners to cross voices seems to
>be of most interest to me. Who should I contact (Urs?) to discuss this
>project and writing a proposal, if it is still a possibility this summer?

Since Urs is listed as the potential mentor, he's the one to contact.  I'd
expect him to reply to your email.

Thanks,

Carl