Re: Verifying issues

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Verifying issues
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 00:17:59 +0100

On 03.03.2016 00:15, Urs Liska wrote:
Am 02.03.2016 um 23:52 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
Hello,

I noticed that there have been many ‘Issues to verify’ around, so I
started to catch up with these. Now the question is: Shouldn’t we only
mark issues as verified, when the change is already included in an
official release?
For curiosity, following the CG instruction I took the committish from
<https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4754/> – claimed to
be ‘Fixed_2_19_38’ – and fed it into
<http://philholmes.net/lilypond/git/>, and it worked. So according to
the instruction, I should mark the issue verified, although the change
is not contained in the most recent release, 2.19.37.
What do you think?
Issues like that may - as additions to the website - be taken somewhat
differently. I'm not sure if there's a common rule for that case, but in
general verification is postponed until the next release. That is, in
order to verify one should use the version that is specified by the
fixed_ tag.

Maybe I should be more frank: Phil, could you change the mechanism of that web page to check if a commit has been included in a release yet?

Best, Simon