Re: Verifying issues

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Verifying issues
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 23:19:02 -0000

Simon Albrecht wrote Wednesday, March 02, 2016 10:52 PM

> I noticed that there have been many ‘Issues to verify’ around, so I
> started to catch up with these. Now the question is: Shouldn’t we only
> mark issues as verified, when the change is already included in an
> official release?

Yes, that is correct.  See Regular Maintenance under
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/bug-squad-checklists

Verified fixes should be in an available release.

> For curiosity, following the CG instruction I took the committish from
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4754/> – claimed to be
> ‘Fixed_2_19_38’ – and fed it into <http://philholmes.net/lilypond/git/>,
> and it worked. So according to the instruction, I should mark the issue
> verified, although the change is not contained in the most recent
> release, 2.19.37.

Which instruction is this?  I think Phil's tool finds any commit that is in
the git master, not just those in built releases.

Trevor