Re: Lilypond issue tracker account request

From: Karl O. Pinc
Subject: Re: Lilypond issue tracker account request
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:32:16 -0500

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:14:37 -0000
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Trevor,

> Karl O. Pinc wrote Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:47 AM

> > I'd like an account in the lilypond issue tracker.
>
> Happy to add you to the Issue Tracker as a Member.
> That allows you to comment on Issues without moderation.
> That's the way to start.
>
> You'll need to post or send me your SourceForge Username
> so I can set that up.

I am "kpinc" at sourceforge.

> > I'm thinking about someday contributing to lilypond

> Great!  The first step is to post specific issues that
> you have identified to the bug list:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/
> for discussion and to have an Issue created.

Ok.  Thanks.

I take it that this is not required for a doc patch?
I'm thinking I'll send in something simple like that (through
the development pipeline) to get started.

> When you are ready to contribute to a specific Issue,
> post a patch to the bug list.

Ok.

> The first few patches are usually sheparded through the
> system by one of the Devs before you are elevated to
> Developer status.

I am at present way too ignorant of music to be comfortable
with Developer status.

Regards,

Karl <address@hidden>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein