Re: building from source

From: Daniel Birns
Subject: Re: building from source
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 12:49:45 -0700

1) I have a good build, have made a trivial modification, and it seems to work.
(I found a class (Midi-duration) that’s unused. I commented it out, and
everything builds fine. Since there’s no references to it, I presume the
testsuites will be unaffected, though you never know...
2) I’m reading ‘contributor.pdf’. It says I will be assigned a mentor. That’s
fine with me either way, but I’m curious if perhaps there’s some formal route I
should go through at this point.
3) My plan is to work via the C++ files and improve the midi output. I see
several .cc files with midi in their name and I think 4 header files with midi
in the name.

So, at this point, I could use some advice about 1) where to focus in the
contributor.pdf, and 2) some idea of the architecture, particularly with regard
to midi processing. Of course, I could try to figure that out myself, but that
doesn’t seem like the right approach.

The first thing I need to do is understand what’s going on today before I muck
with anything.

-d