Re: broken doc build (orchestra.ly)

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: broken doc build (orchestra.ly)
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 21:24:04 +0100

David,

On 22/05/16 13:08, David Kastrup wrote:
James Lowe <address@hidden> writes:

My make doc issue has come back :(

Taking a few more minutes to try and diagnose the problem - it is the
same again, as Knut had. With the same error on processing
orchestra.ly.
Bah.  Let's try getting a post mortem backtrace from it.

Basically, you do

ulimit -c 400000 # Assuming that a 400MB core is enough

then you run the tests.  Now when the assertion failure happens, it will
leave a file named "core" in the directory where the program was
started (probably Documentation/ly-examples).

You can probably look for it using

find -name core

in your LilyPond directory.

Then you do

     gdb out/bin/lilypond Documentation/ly-examples/core

and should be able to tell gdb to

     backtrace

Be sure that you don't have an old core file lying around: I think that
Linux does not overwrite preexisting core files.

No core file was generated, I also upped the ulimit to 1GB.

So perhaps it isn't the type of 'assertion' or crash you thought it was after all?

James