Re: Still cannot make doc :(

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Still cannot make doc :(
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 14:44:30 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> I have to see whether I have a chance to run a 64 bit kernel on my
> system: I used to for a few years (and consequently was able to look
> at 64 bit code), but the current laptop has an Nvidia card and
> Ubuntu's kernel/library setup did not manage to integrate the Nvidia
> proprietary driver stuff into a 64 bit kernel running on a 32bit
> userland and the free drivers did not work reasonably.  Maybe the
> situation has improved.

GNOME and GNOME_classic crash on login.  MATE appears to start, so I
might be able to work with a graphical interface.  It's likely that I'll
not be able to suspend or hibernate, though.  But maybe I can get to
where I am able to get a lead on the problem.

It's not like I had other plans for my birthday anyway.  Ok, I did, but
climbing was struck off the list a week ago already because of being
incompatible with spontaneous loss of consciousness.  Probably just the
blood pressure medication doing more than its duty.

Sorry, I'm just not good company at the moment.